Having a hectic working day, you returned home and found your beloved dog escaped destroying its crate. Later on, you find your little garden on the premises has been overset by your pet dog and your home in the process, and this will be frustrating, won’t it?
Many dog owners face this problem, and a no escape dog crate can get you rid of this. If you buy the best no escape dog crate. A dog crate is an enclosure with a door that is used to keep a dog and for security or transportation purposes. It can be made of metal, wire, plastic, or fabric. When you are not around your beloved pet dog, this can be your dog’s bed and sanctuary. To confine your dog for the reasons of its safety, security, house training, prevention of destructive behavior, and travel.
As an animal, some behaviors of a dog are normal, like chewing on things, digging, and being possessive over their territory. However, dogs having destructive tendencies can damage your furniture, shoes, doors, or carpets. These behaviors can also lead to various organs such as teeth, skin, stomach, or intestines. Having your dog inside a good no escape dog crate when you leave it alone can save itself and also your property.
Author Pick From The Best Crates for Dog
1. ProSelect Empire Dog Cage: one of the strongest and heavy-duty crate available in the market, this crate is almost indestructible, suitable for the medium and large breed dogs;
2. Pet Gear “The Other Door”: this one is very convenient to use with accessibility through four doors, good for taking your dog to travel with you, a perfect crate for smaller and medium breed dogs.
3. MidWest iCrate Starter Kit: strong and convenient to use, have double door, attached bowl for food, and roller for safe movement of the crate. A perfect dane for your medium and large breed dog;
Best Crate for Dog: Comparison Table
|Crate Model||Dimension||Weigth||Dog Breed||Price|
|ProSelect Empire Dog Cage||37 x 25.34 x 33.75 inches||75.2 Pounds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Check Price|
|Pet Gear “The Other Door”||36.5 x 24.5 x 27.5 inches||40 Pounds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Check Price|
|MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate||36 x 23 x 25 inches||22 Pounds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Check Price|
How Does a Dog Escape the Crate Normally?
When you are in the market to buy a crate for your dog, you may find it difficult to choose as the types of crates are huge such as soft crates, plastic and wooden, metal crates, fabric crates with so many sizes and styles are available in the market, but not all of them have the same usages. A standard crate increases the chances to keep your dog inside its crate, but before going on the discussion about it, let’s know how most dogs try to escape a crate. There are endless ways dogs escape crates, but most of them are under the following three methods –
- Chewing: Many standard wire dog crates connect the sides with small metal connectors that are not so strong that dogs can mangle them with their mouth, pull it off, and burst through the opening it found.
- Manipulating the Latch: Your dog might use more intellect than the energy of its jaw and give its effort to understand the latch mechanism until it figures out how to open the door. The initial attempts might look clumsy and random, but very often, dogs can figure out how it works and open the door to escape.
- Brute Force: Dogs can escape crates using their muscles and mass to bend apart bars. They combine other techniques too with force to achieve freedom, sometimes incorporating mouth-work. Some crates offer them unique and specific opportunities to try getting out of them. Remember, your dog has enough time, energy, and the drive to get out, and it won’t give up after some silly attempts.
Features You Would Love to Have in a Dog Crate
Dogs will always try to escape the crate. Will you ever like to see your dog getting out of that. If you have a dog that could break its cage, you need to consider having it into a heavy-duty crate specially designed for specific pups. Many crates are being marketed with escape-proof or heavy-duty labels, but not the crates’ performance is not up to the mark. Although no crate is 100% effective with all kinds of dogs, you can look for several features associated with the best crates. Some of the features are –
- Built from Metal: A dog cage made of plastic might be good for clam puppies, but those who have separation anxiety will tear through a plastic crate at high speed. Not all metals are completely escape-proof by the dogs, but they can serve better than any other crates.
- Crates with Solid Walls: Many types of durable crates are available around you, which are made of tubular steel or metal wire walls, but you will find them escapable by dogs very often. Even if the dog is an escape artist, crates with solid walls are not easy to flee from.
- Removable Pan and Wheels: Crates with these features offer additional convenience with enough security. You will find it easy to clean if there is a pan, and wheels are very handy as the heavy-duty crates normally come with good weight.
- Ventilation and Security: Compromising ventilation for security will never be a wise decision. You always have to ensure your dog’s well-being and comfortability. If the crate is not properly ventilated, it can make your dog sick.
- Latch Inaccessible to the Dog: A crate with a simple lock can be easily manipulated by your dog; you have no way other than choosing a cage with a latch difficult to outsmart. A slam latch can be a good option that engages automatically when the door is shut.
The Ideal Size of a Dog Crate
The easiest way to feel your puppy safe is all about a perfect, well-sized dog crate. Apart from safety, a perfectly sized crate helps your pet cope with the house surroundings and the environment.
Different species of dogs can be of different sizes and shapes. The crate size should be based on the size of the dog. When you are to buy a crate, consider the length, width, height of the dog. If your dog feels suffocated inside the cage, it will become anxious and start behaving destructively as it couldn’t move there freely. There is no need for a huge crate; you need an ideal-sized cage where the puppy can stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably. Make sure the case is long enough that the nose and rear don’t touch the end of the crate.
What Kind of Crate Lock Do You Need?
As discussed earlier, dogs often try to escape by opening the door if it doesn’t find any other way to get out of a heavy-duty cage. Your pet can find ways to open a simple lock with different techniques and escape the case. You should not use any lock that the dog can chew or break by force. Moreover, it would be best if you went for a lock that is inaccessible to your pet.
Find a Crate Easy to Clean
Dogs also love a clean and tidy home like you, but it might be a bit challenging to keep its crate clean, no matter how cute and cuddly your pet is. Most escape-proof heavy-duty crates are difficult to clean, but it becomes easy when your crate comes with a pull-out tray. Just remove the soft pad on the bottom of the cage and take the tray right to your washing machine for a perfect cleaning. Crates made with plastic are also easy to clean; all the dirt, stains, pet odorants, and other unpleasant particles can be removed easily by breaking the cage apart and washing it from inside and outside.
Are you looking for a suitable heavy-duty dog crate for your puppy? Check below the 7 Best no escape dog crates which are escape proof and indestructible –
1. ProSelect Empire Dog Cage | Heavy Duty Metal Dog Crate
The ProSelect Empire Dog Cage is one of the strongest crates globally that offers the most escape-proof structure and construction. The cage is extremely strong as it is made with 0.5″ diameter thick steel tubes with a great welding effort. The paired door latches ensure the security of your puppy. It will not be destroyed no matter how abusive your dog becomes to it. Its grated floor with tray offers easy cleaning that most dog owners wish for. This heavy cage can be moved to places easily with the casters. The casters are removable, and you can put them off when you want the cage to stay stable in a place.
- Large: 40¾”L x 28⅛”W x 31¾”H
- Medium: 35.75″ x 23.5″ x 24.5″
- Strong enough to handle powerful dogs who can claw or chew their way out of the crate;
- This cage is durable as it is made with a high-grade hammerstone finish;
- Include wheels to move the cage to places;
- A removable tray for easy clean-up of the cage
- Inspite of the strongest one, some dogs are still able to bust free of this cage;
Dog owners found it one of the best cages in terms of strength, durability, and design. However, if you want to rank dog cages, this one will be one of the tops.
2. Pet Gear | Heavy Duty Large Dog Crate With Double Door
The Other Door crate from Pet Gear comes with 4 doors, including a large side door that can be opened up like a garage door. In addition, it includes a bolster pad that provides extra comfort to your pet. You will find it easy to set up with no need for any extra tool, and it also comes with a storage bag that will make transporting the cage easy for you. The crate is built-in wheels and handles to facilitate moving it from one place to another. In addition, it features heavy-duty blow-mold plastic with steel inserts, strong enough that your dog can’t usually burst.
Size: 36.5”L x 24.5”W x 27.5”H
- The rounded corners and no edges eliminate damage to your home and car;
- Accessibility through four doors from any angle.
- Integrated wheels and pull handle made it easy to shift the cage anywhere;
- Easy setup, doesn’t require any extra effort;
- Perfect in size;
- The plastic lock is difficult to open sometimes;
- Might not meet the travel regulation of some airlines;
Most of the users found this cage convenient and useful for their dogs. Their review reads the cage is easy to fit in a house and offers great accessibility. Some users found an issue regarding plastic locks as it is difficult to open in a hurry. However, this cage is highly recommended by most users.
3. MidWest Homes | Midwest Life Stages Double Door Dog Crate
You can have this special crate with a free divider panel to expand the crate as your puppy grows. This crate is ideal for dogs with 41 to 70 pounds. It comes with a durable dog tray that is easy to clean, and all other aspects make it a safe home for your dog when you are not around. Apart from these, two heavy-duty latches firmly lock the crate to make it secure. It’sIt’s easy to assemble, and its portable design will allow you to set up the cage in seconds; the 4 roller feet help protect hardwoods and make repositioning easy. The carrying handles offer more convenience to move it anywhere. 4 roller feet.
Size: 36”L x 23”W x 25”H
- It’sIt’s a sweet and comfortable home for your lovely pet;
- The slide-bolt latches ensure the safety and security of the dog;
- It’sIt’s a top housetraining tool;
- Roller feet prevent floors from scrapes;
- Easy cleaning with a leak-free pan;
- Few sharp edges may cause scratches;
- Some users complain about the difficulty in installing divider;
It incorporates almost all the features you need to provide a convenient, safe, and secure pet home for your best friend. The cage is manufactured with high-quality standards to make it you can be confident with. Have a one year Manufacturer’sManufacturer’s Warranty in case the cage gets damaged.
4. New World Pet Products | Folding Metal Dog Crate
The Folding Metal Dog Crate from New World Pet Products is a single door crate designed specifically for small dog breeds weighted between 11 – 25 pounds. It includes a leak-proof plastic pan with 1 year of Manufacturer’sManufacturer’s Warranty. Made with durable metal, it is designed to create a safe place for your lovely puppy. Its heavy-duty slide-bolt latch keeps your dog secured inside the crate. The folding metals allow you to assemble the crate easily, and you can fold the bars flat for easy storage, travel & portability everywhere.
Size: 24”L x 18”W x 19”H
- Allows proper ventilation and visibility that helps the dog to remain healthy;
- Ensure a secure environment for the dos;
- Rounded corners protect your walls and floor from scratches;
- Convenient to fold-down and store anywhere;
- Easy to assemble, no use of extra tools;
- Might Not suitable for big-sized dog breeds;
- Not so good for a dog with separation anxiety;
As this crate is specially designed for small breed dogs, choose your piece wisely so that it can serve your purpose even when your dog reaches its full adult size. Make sure that your dog can stand up, lie down and turn around properly inside the cage.
5. MidWest iCrate Starter Kit | Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
To enjoy the ultimate convenience, this crate is a perfect starter kit for a new dog owner. It’sIt’s a package of everything you need to enjoy more with your new family member. Designed for the medium dog breed, it comes with 1 fully equipped 2-door iCrate, a comfortable bed for your dog, a crate cover, and 2 bowls affixed to the crate. The kit is ideal for dogs with a weight of up to 26 – 40 pounds. The fleece pet bed and polyester cover fit your dog crate well and are machine washable and dryer friendly. The attached bowls are to keep the food and water in a convenient location. It also has a divider panel, 4 roller feet, a carrying handle, and a leak-free removable dog tray.
Size: 30”L x 19”W x 21”H
- Double door iCrate;
- A quiet time Fleece Bed for comfortable lying;
- Easily washable crate cover;
- Attached bowl to keep the food in a convenient location;
- Roller for the safe movement of the crate protecting walls and floor from scratches;
- Cleaning the bottom of the feeder bowl takes more effort;
- Some customers complained about the bed, and it’s not chewed proof;
If you find it stressful to own a dog to manage it newly, the MidWest iCrate Starter Kit is there to minimize your stress and let you have full enjoyment with your new friend. The crate is manufactured with the highest quality control to ensure the safety and comfortability of your dog.
6. Folding Metal Dog Crate | Dog Crate With Non-divider Panel
It’sIt’s a single-door metal dog crate designed for dogs with a weight between 26 – 40 pounds. The slide-bolt latch ensures good security for the pet. You can fold the crate flat and store it anywhere conveniently and also have easy transportation. The strong and sturdy structure of the crate will give you maximum relief regarding the safety of your dog when you are away.
Size: 30.5”L x 19.25”L x 21.5”H
- This crate offers perfect ventilation and visibility;
- Your dog can have a secure environment to live in;
- The cage is protective and long-lasting;
- It is with rounded corners for safety;
- The fold-down design offers convenient storage and transportation;
- Somewhat flimsy latch system;
- Included plastic pan is not that durable;
This folding metal dog crate comes with all the features to meet your needs as a new dog owner. It offers easy clean-up, and its portability made it a great choice whether you are planning to travel or stay home.
7. Casual Home Wooden Medium Pet Crate | Extra Large Wooden Dog Crate
The casual home wooden medium pet crate comes with solid wood construction to ensure the crate’s safety, durability, and longevity. This made in Thailand crate is chew-resistant with no divider included. The end table design offers a native feel; lightweight and easy assembly features give you more convenience. The crate is lockable and easy to clean with a damp cloth. Moreover, its table-style top provides some additional storage.
Size: 27.5”L x 20”W x 24”H
- Wooden crate with secure lockable latch;
- End-table style design complements your home decor;
- Quick and easy assembly;
- Sustainably sourced solid wood;
- Not that strong as metal crate;
- No divider included;
This could be a nice piece of furniture to decor your house that will also serve as a good crate for your puppy. If the dog is trained to stay in the crate, this one will be very much useful.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my dog to stop escaping the crate?
Having an appropriate cage for the dog is the first thing you can do to stop your puppy from escaping its cage. Ticking your canine is not a bad idea; pretend that you are leaving and then come back to catch it. That can make it less likely to escape. Take the dog to exercise, and it helps diminish aggression. Don’tDon’t be dramatic when you are leaving it; when you pamper them more, they miss you more and like to break the cage to find you.
What is the best crate for a dog with separation anxiety?
For a dog with separation anxiety, you need a crate that is not flimsy or see-through. A good quality plastic crate can be useful in this regard if the dog’s anxiety is not that high, but for a highly anxious dog, experts recommend steel-made crates.
What is the strongest crate?
The strongest case is steel tubes built with heavy-duty welds and paired door latches. One of the strongest crates is ProSelect Empire Dog Cage that holds all the characteristics and is familiar as indestructible whatever abuse your dog may dish out.
Your puppy deserves a safe, comfortable, clean, and tidy crate to live in with peace, not anxiety. A perfect no escape dog crate will be aligned with your dog’s breed, size, and normal behavior. Consider all of these before buying a crate, and it will not be wise to sacrifice your dog’s comfortability for safety. For your easy selection you can check the part of “Author Pick From The Best Crates for Dog”